Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A toy from Papaw!

While I was pregnant, my Dad learned how to shop online. Scary, I know. Once a week I would come home from work and there would be a box from Babies R Us on my porch step. My Dad would send us something little off our registry.

He looked at our registry more than I did. We often had discussions about items that had been purchased and items we still needed. He would even call me and tell me that he knew relatives or friends had purchased a particular item and Babies R Us hadn't updated it. He was worse than any woman. :)

One day I came home to find Jackson's "Excersaucer" on our porch step. I cannot begin to tell you the hours of entertainment this toy will bring to Jackson. Dad knew it...he'd seen the other grandkids enjoy theirs. Dad was just as excited to give it Jackson as Jackson is to use it.

I called my parents that night to thank them...mom said, "this one is from your Dad...he did this on his own."

This week marks 4 months for Jackson. According to the box, Jackson is ready to use the "excersaucer". Justin put it together (slowly, but surely).
Jackson LOVED IT!

I wish my Dad could have seen it. I wish he could hear Jackson squeal with delight when the sounds and lights start up. I'm sad he will miss this and much more. But I found comfort in telling Jackson his new toy was from Papaw Mike.

Dad, Jackson loves it. Thanks again Papaw Mike! We miss you!


No comments: