Thursday, September 4, 2008

So I'm not mother of the year...

Lately, it seems I have a lot of my mind. Understandable, right?

Well, I'm not certain Jackson would agree.

This morning, Justin and I realized we would need to buy more formula before evening. I offered to buy some on my lunch hour. Well, that lunch hour never came.

I got busy at work and ate at my desk. The much needed formula never crossed my mind. It didn't even cross my mind to mention to Justin when he called that I wasn't able to go buy it.

So around 5:30 p.m. I was still working away at my desk when my phone rang. It was Justin...and a screaming Jackson in the background. Jackson was hungry and there wasn't an ounce of formula in the house.

Needless to say Justin was a bit stressed.

I politely apologized and told Justin to go get some formula and I would meet him for dinner. I hung up the phone and admitted (out loud - not sure who I was talking to), "Well, there goes the mother of the year award!"

I'll shoot for next year.

Jackson finally ate and was happy as ever...so happy he flirted with all the women in Red Lobster!

P.S. The short work week got away from me. More post to come on Monday. Stay Tuned!

No comments: