Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Fall Y'all...until next year....

Each year Justin and I look forward to throwing the Annual Bixler Fall Bash. This year was no different. We even have the cutest outfit for Jackson to wear. However, the past couple months just haven’t gone as planned for our family.

Our family and friends have been such a great support system for us through the loss of my Dad. We were looking forward to the opportunity to thank everyone at our annual party. However, neither Justin nor I realized the intensive rehab and recovery he would undergo with his hand surgery.

So…for this year, and this year only, we are going to put the Annual Bixler Fall Bash on hold until next year. We will miss seeing everyone and catching up on their busy lives.

Justin will miss building the bonfire (though he won’t miss me nagging him about catching our house on fire). I will miss the warm apple cider (though I won’t miss it spilling all over my new cook top stove). I will miss Penny’s burrito dip (but Justin won’t miss my cucumber sandwiches). We will miss the visits from good friends “all the way” down here in Bloomington (though I won’t miss our friends jumping from my 2nd-story loft onto an air mattress in my family room). :)

So…please forgive us for not greeting you with pumpkins, haystacks, and scarecrows this year. We love and miss you all. But life just got a little hectic.

The Annual Bixler Fall Bash is on for 2009!

No comments: