Thursday, March 12, 2009

It is 1:30 a.m....

It is 1:30 a.m.

A couple of hours ago, Justin and I were tucked in bed asleep.

So was Jackson.


Jackson cried out and Justin went in to give him his pacifier. This usually sends Jackson back to having sweet dreams.

However, tonight that wasn't going to help.

Jackson has the flu.

At this point, Jackson has thrown-up on himself and his Mommy and Daddy. At one point, we stripped him down and dunked him in the tub.

We hate knowing that he does not feel well. He can't tell us he is sick and we can tell him it won't last very long. But we try to make him feel better with lots of hugs and kisses. Though, I think the hugs and kisses make us feel better more than anything.

We have been so blessed with such a healthy baby. In 10 1/2 months, Jackson has 2 ear infections and a couple of colds...never the flu. I knew our luck would run out some day.

Jackson is back to having sweet dreams....for now. I am going to try to do the same. Though I think I will sleep with the monitor next to my ear...so I can bolt into his room the minute he needs me.

Good night...I smell like vomit (perhaps I will shower before I return to bed)!

1 comment:

Nickie Eisele said...

Kris-
I hope he feels better soon! Bless his heart! Hang in there! Love, Nick