Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Amanda!


Today, one of my best friends turns 21!...ok, ok, so she is really 30!

Happy Birthday, Amanda!

Thank you so much for the support you have given me the past couple of years. You never wavered when I wanted to talk about the good and the bad of pregnancy. You sent comforting texts/e-mails (which I saved) when I was in labor at home and offered to meet me at the hospital. The next day, you couldn't wait to meet Jackson and I could wait to introduce you. You even gave up a week of your summer vacation to spend with Jackson as I went back to work full-time.

You were the first phone call I made after I learned my Dad had passed away. You didn't know what to say, so we sat on the phone in silence. At the funeral, you took care of Jackson and I knew he was in great hands. You stayed at the funeral home until I left and were back again for the service the next day.

When I want to talk about my Dad you listen. When I don't want to talk...you remind me of something funny to distract my thoughts.

Besides all of this, you are such a fun friend! I would love to list all fun memories we have together...but we would need more time. Fun times at 3rd Middle, Senior Formal, our weddings, Hilton Head, TN (all the trips to TN)...and of course Girls Night Out!

Thanks so much for being a great friend. I can't wait to celebrate this weekend!

You don't look a day over 21!

Lots of love,
Kris

No comments: