Monday, May 25, 2009

Way to go, Helio!

Last week, Justin and I decided to attend the Indianapolis 500 this year. At the last minute, we searched online and purchased two tickets. We were so excited!

I had not been to the Indy 500 since I was young. Justin last went before we were married.

We had a great time! Our seats were amazing (see pictures). We could see so much and had such great people around us to add to the fun. Justin and I have already decided to attend next year! :)

The start of the race has always been my favorite. For years, my parents and I would stop what we are doing to listen to Jim Nabors sing "Back Home Again in Indiana." My Dad loved hearing that song and would often spend race day singing it. So when it came time for Jim Nabors to step up to the microphone...Justin and I were both in tears. We toughed out the song and thought of my Dad. Then, we realized that the people around us must think that we either really love Indiana or we really love Jim Nabors. Either way, I'm sure they thought it was odd that we were in tears. :)

Before the race, Justin and I met up with my cousin, Ryan, his girlfriend - Mandi, and her entire family. The Corn family is so much fun! A big thanks to the Corn family for letting us join in their fun.

Enjoy some pictures from race day!


No comments: