Sunday, May 3, 2009

Happy First Birthday, Jackson!



Can you believe our little "baby" is one?

We can't.

We are enjoying a great weekend with Jackson.

Stay tuned for a full birthday report later this week.

For now, join us in wishing Jackson a very happy first birthday.

Dear Jackson,

Happy First Birthday!

It is hard to believe you are already a year old. And what a year it has been.

Your Dad has always told me that everything happens for a reason. This year has been tough and it is hard to say why things had to happen the way they did. But one thing is for sure, God gave us you to help us make it through this tough year. That is exactly what you did. As a mother, I always want to be here for you to lean on. However, the first year of your life I leaned on you. And you never let me down. I promise to never let you down.

I will always be grateful for having you in our lives during this time. Our first year with you wasn't what we expected, yet it was so wonderful. Words can't describe the joy you bring to our lives.

Thank you for being exactly who you are. Thank you for giggling the way you do, for crying at 5:15 a.m this morning, for clapping every time you hear music, for insisting you sit on my lap when I'm at the computer, for wanting to "help" Dad load the dishwasher, for loving to play in the bathtub, for FINALLY eating solid foods, for loving all of your grandparents the way you do, for the best kisses in the world, for always making diaper changes interesting, for having the cutest dimples in the world, and for just being all that makes you...you.

I was so scared to become a mother, yet I can't imagine not being your mother. I wish I could slow time down and soak in every moment with you. I promise to do my best to enjoy life with you and I know your Dad feels the same way.

I wish you all the happiness life can hand you.

I can't wait for the next year.

I love you with all of my heart.

Love,
Mom
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jason & Nadia said...

Happy Birthday, Jackson!!!

Kristen & Justin,

The party today was very nice. We had a wonderful time. Thank you for allowing us to share in celebrating Jackson's 1st birthday. He is absolutely precious!

With love,
Nadia & Jason