Thursday, July 17, 2008

Way to go Tommy B!



My sister Michelle and my nieces, Olivia and Madeline, recently went on vacation. This time...without my brother-in-law Tom. Tom had to stay behind because he is in charge of all the electrical and plumbing aspects of the new Lucas Oil Stadium downtown Indy.

Justin and I knew Tom was pretty sad that he had to stay behind so we asked him to lunch (though he paid...ha!). While at lunch we convinced him to give us a behind the scenes tour of the new stadium.

Yep, Justin and I put on work boots and hard hats to fit right in. Tom showed us around. He knows that place like the back of his hand! Of course, Tom starting talking about wires, servers, and other electrical terms I have never heard. I just kept my eye out for Peyton Manning...but no such luck!

However, Tom took Justin and I down to the field. It was amazing. We stood there and looked up at all those seats. For just a second I thought about what it would be like to play on that field every week in front of all those people.

Tom's tour even included a trip to the Colts' locker room. For a brief moment I thought about hiding out in Peyton's locker until game day...but decided I would need to eat between now and then.

Justin and I left the tour amazed at the new stadium and talked about how proud we are of Tom! Tom has been so dedicated to the stadium for months now and I am certain the stadium is better because of it!

Way to go Tommy B! You deserve a cold tasty at that first Colts' game! Cheers to you!

Sorry...no photos from our tour. But here's a photo of Tom, Michelle, and Jackson.

No comments: