Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dentist Phobia!



I don't have the greatest luck when it comes to going to the dentist.  I think it all started when I knocked out a few teeth during a cheerleading accident years ago.  Since then, I have a lot of anxiety when having anything more than just my regular cleaning and check-up done. 

Today, I had to have Oral Surgery done on an old root canal that had gone bad.  Needless to say, I had to take some anxiety medication to help me even get to the Dentist office today.  As the day progressed - I was having trouble even remembering going to the dentist. I woke up from a nap panicking that I had missed my appointment.  Kind of scary - but unfortunately, it was exactly what I needed.  

I am hoping that my fear of the Dentist is NOT a trait Jackson will pick up from me.  

Our Dentist has asked that we bring Jackson in for his first appointment in May.  He will be 2 and the Dentist thinks its time he takes a look at Jackson's choppers.  Wish us luck!

I'm still on heavy pain medication and need to head to bed.

A special thanks to Justin who took great care of me today!  He even ran to the grocery and got my favorite Popsicles!  :)

Happy Friday!

No comments: