Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm not ready for this...


What happened to the days that I could lay Jackson in his crib and he wouldn't even role over until morning? Those days are gone...

Jackson has been having some trouble sleeping through the night. In fact, he calls for us within an hour of laying down in his crib. Last night, we decided to let him "cry it out." We had to do this when he was about six months old and it took a few nights, but then he was sleeping through night. However, this time - Jackson would have no part of it. After about 15 minutes of screaming (not crying) for Mommy and Daddy - he got quiet. Justin and I thought we had done it. We showed him who was boss!...but all of the sudden I heard the pitter-patter of Jackson's feet heading to our room. Justin and I sat straight up in time to see our door open and our little boy walk in. That's right - he climbed out of his crib!

My little monkey!

Needless to say he never returned to his bed.

I'm not ready for this...and I'm off to read my "Mom" books to form our "game plan" to get Jackson back to his bed.

Perhaps its time for a "big boy" bed .... but then it will be so much easier to climb out! Ahhhhh.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

at least he wont get hurt on the way down

Nickie Eisele said...

Hang in there, Kris! There's only more fun to come! Those little stinkers are bound and determined. I could tell you many Breydon stories! My best advice would be to follow the practice Supernanny uses (call me if you want details). Deb and I have bothed used it and it has worked...well...most of the time! :)