Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Maddie!

Jackson, Olivia, Maddie

Who knew turning six was such a big deal? Well, Miss Maddie does.

Our niece, Madeline turned six today (it is 12:09 - so I guess it was yesterday) and she couldn't be happier.

Maddie has had a big month. She graduated kindergarten, toured her "big-kid" school, played a major part in the spring recital (part included a Hannah Montanna wig), and has now turned six. You would think she would have ran out of energy...but she just keeps going.

Maddie's personality is full of spunk. She never will surprise you with her quick wit. We just love having her around.

However, we aren't the only ones who love having her around. In fact, I called today to wish her a happy birthday and I also got to talk to her older sister, Olivia. Olivia explained to me that she was a little sad because Maddie had declared that she would not be calling Olivia "sissy" anymore. She was too old for that now. She would be always calling her Olivia. I explained to Olivia that I was sure she would continue to use favorite nickname, but Liv wasn't so sure. Shortly after our conversation turned to something else...I heard Madeline scream for Olivia from the other room...."S-I-S-S-Y". Olivia just giggled and said, "I got to go - Maddie needs me". See what I mean, we aren't the only ones who love her. I hope Maddie always calls Olivia "Sissy"!

Side Note: Justin spent his afternoon trying to catch Maddie on the phone with no prevail. Later tonight she called and said, "Well, I guess I'm going to have to tell you it is my birthday..." Ha! Say a prayer for the man that will one day marry her...she doesn't miss a beat!

Happy Birthday, Maddie...We love you so much!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Buening Family said...

Kristen,
I enjoy reading your blog and learning about your sweet baby boy. I hope you don't mind that I added it as a favorite on our family blog. Take care,
Sus