Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Less than two weeks...but who is counting?


I came home from visiting Justin in California to realize that Halloween was less than two weeks away.  Suddenly, I am feeling the pressure to wrap up Jackson's Halloween costume.  

I was at Target today and saw Halloween costumes hanging on hangers and calling my name.  I could see the hours I still have left of working on Jackson's costume floating away.  I realized the hours I still had left of asking my mom questions only to have her simply explain them - and yet I still would have rip out every stitch I had made in those last 30 minutes.  I could see Jackson looking adorable in those Target costumes - yet I just pushed my cart to the next aisle.

I am spending a lot of time at my Mom's bridal shop.  She works and I sew.  She stops every once and awhile to calm me down when I start swearing, or to instruct me when my stitching is crooked.  I will admit, sewing isn't my calling.  It is a lot harder than I expected.  Yet, I am still committed to finishing the costume.  Will I go this route again next year? Maybe - but I am grateful Halloween only comes once a year.  

Wish me luck!

No comments: