Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat 2011

Halloween may be my new favorite holiday!

This year we let Jackson choose what he wanted to dress up as for Halloween. I was ready to hear "Buzz Light-Year, or Batman - like most 3 year little boys. But I wasn't surprised when he chose...a football player. I immediately pulled out his Colts jersey - but he corrected me and explained he wanted to be a "Royal Football Player".

We have spent many Friday nights at the high school (right next to our neighborhood) cheering on the Hamilton Southeastern Royals. Jackson is convinced that he will play on that football field some day. He has even committed to cut back on the cookies and eat a vegetable or two so be can be a better football player (though I'm not convinced about cutting back on the cookies).

So, when Jackson told me he only wanted to be a "Rolio" (he struggles with the word Royal) football player. I went to work. Thank goodness for ESTY.com where I got most of his uniform (turns out they don't make football pants in 3T).

Jackson has had so much fun celebrating in his costume the past few days. We have enjoyed watching Jackson taking part in all the fun. It tugged at my heart a bit tonight to see that Jackson really wanted to run door to door with his friends rather than hold my hand as we walked down the street. But either way, we felt lucky be with him - as always. :)

Enjoy some photos!

Walking into Pre-School today. Why do I feel like this is
"walking to the field for the big game?"


#26 - Because he will graduate from high school in 2026 :)

His Tackle Position
This tough Football player has a special place in his heart for Ms. Judy!

Daddy made it home in time to Trick or Treat!

Jackson and his buddy, Ryne!



Friends - Jackson, Ryne, Morgan
"The Gang" in front of our house!

Jackson's First Stop was the Hilgendorf's :)

Door to Door with his friends!


Helping Miss Mo! :)



SO FUN!


Trick or Treating with Cousins!

Maddie as Dorothy. Fletcher (The Boyd family's new Dog) as To-To


Madeline and Olivia

m




Jackson with Griffin (Alien) and Hayden (Scary Clown - Jackson refused to stand next to him. SCARY!)


COUSINS!

No comments: