Thursday, January 27, 2011

Potty Report




We are now ending Day 2 with Jackson in Big Boy underwear. So far, I would mark it as a success. And, I've gotten over my shock that my baby boy is out of diapers - and I'm just enjoying watching him be so proud of himself.

Yesterday (Day 1) was a major WIN for Jackson. I sent 4 outfits (including extra underwear, socks, and shoes) because I was certain it was going to be a disaster. I was also THAT Mom and called the school twice yesterday to see how things were going...only to be told that he was doing great and had no accidents! Ms. Herald said that Jackson kept saying, "My mom is going to be so proud of me!" He was right! I gave him such a big hug when I arrived at school and he was in the same pair of underwear that I brought him in.

Justin and I took Jackson to Paradise Cafe (AKA "The Cookie Place") for Macaroni and a chocolate chip cookie to celebrate. Jackson beamed from ear to ear and was so proud of himself - and so were we.

Day 2 was a bit more complicated. Jackson had a dentist appointment and we had lunch with my Mom. Jackson seems to not be as motivated when he is away from school and out of his routine. (I also think he's a bit stubborn and just won't do it for me!) He did have an accident at lunch - but I was prepared with extra clothes and we just moved right along.

Potty training sure doesn't allow for our quick pace of life. Leaving in the morning takes longer so Jackson can make a "pit stop" before we take on the 20 minute drive to pre-school, drop off is longer as he takes another "pit stop" before we arrive to his class room....and so on and so on. So this Mommy is getting up a little earlier tomorrow as I have learned we are on Jackson's schedule now. Actually, we have been on his schedule from the day he was born...his schedule has just changed? :)

Keeping our fingers crossed for continued success!....

PS. I have no idea why I cannot turn off the underline key. Sorry. Blogging friends, if you know how to do this, please e-mail me. :)

No comments: