Sunday, December 12, 2010

Just what friends are for!


Those of you who have known me for a long time - know that my oldest friend is Jenny (Reeves) Moore.

I met Jenny in Pre-school. It was an instant friendship - one full of giggles. We often drove our parents crazy with loud laughter that was never ending - just as little girls should. Imagine my pure joy when I found out that my dear friend would be moving next door to my family when I was in grade school.

As the years went by, Jenny and I enjoyed swimming at each others houses, early breakfasts with my Dad at McDonald's as he drove us to school, and many Girl Scout meetings with our mom's as leaders.

Our college years were different as our visits were few and far between - but one thing never changed. The laughter. Jenny and I could pick up right where we left off - no matter how many months it had been.

As adults, we have stood up with each other as we both exchanged vows with our husbands, held each others hand through tragedy and sorrow, and of course have managed to always continue the laughter.

I truly feel lucky to have attended Mrs. Fry's Pre-school class so many years ago and met Jenny. I find it only fitting that Jackson and Jenny share the same birthday - May 3rd. Jenny doesn't have her own children yet, but never waivers in listening to my "Jackson Stories" and even chimes in when other mom-friends and I are debating the political correctness of Disney's Handy Manny cartoon. :)

For about a month now, I have been HUNTING for a certain Hallmark ornament for Jackson. Of course, it was the most popular ornament of the year and was sold out everywhere. I was searching for the Toy Story ornament - High Flying Friends. I'm certain you have one - it seemed everyone did but us!

I called every place I could think of and even shopped in Chicago for this popular ornament! NO LUCK! I was almost ready to pay double on e-bay when I thought of one last idea. I sent a text to about 10 girlfriends asking for their help in making my little boy smile with this special ornament. Within 24 hours I received a text back saying, "I GOT THE ORNAMENT" - of course, it was from Jenny.

Jenny lives in Terre Haute and she had called multiple stores until she found just what I was looking for. I wasn't surprised that it was Jenny who came to my rescue - and I couldn't be more grateful. Its funny the things that mean the world to you when your a mother - and this special "Woody- Buzz" ornament was the item I needed to start this Christmas season off just right for Jackson. Thanks so much, Jen!

Enjoy some photos of Jackson and his "Woody Buzz" ornament!











Its His Favorite!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Ok you have me in tears remembering all your years of growing up. I also had my 1st child on my best friend's birthday so I understand the bond that miracle brings. Jackson is so precious and I love this blog site keeping us up to date.