Sunday, November 23, 2008

Can Mom's call in sick?

I had the flu on Friday.

It has been going around my office and a few of my friends have had it. I was hoping to avoid it, but that wasn't in the cards.

I woke up Thursday night sick. Usually, I just would have called in sick to work and rested with soup and soaps (daytime soaps can cure any illness). But this time, I had someone else to worry about. While I was up sick, my mind raced with all the times I had hugged and kissed Jackson earlier that day. I was certain he would have it.

I did call in sick to work and spent most of the day in bed. Ashley was here to help with Jackson. However, it was tremendously hard not to hug and kiss Jackson each time I peeked out of my bedroom. I felt like he would think I was ignoring him. That is when I decided Moms should get to call in sick. We need to be excused from our Mom duties. We need time to take care of ourselves and rest up for the next day.

I think that should be a bylaw of motherhood....

Lucky for me, Ashley and Justin were a great help! And...Jackson doesn't seem to think I ignored him too much. I'm felling much better and will be back to work tomorrow!

P.S. So far, I'm the only in my house who has had this horrible bug. Keep your fingers crossed.

I hope all my flu buddies are feeling better too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your little man is so adorable and it looks like you guys are having a blast with him. He is a cutie. Enjoy every moment!