Monday, August 12, 2013

Meet the Teacher Night

How am I supposed to get through the first day of Kindergarten when I can't even get through "Meet the Teacher night" without crying!?!

Seeing Jackson in his soon-to-be classroom seemed as if he aged years in that very moment.



Jackson was shy at first, but was right at home in a matter of minutes.  I on the other hand stood in awe that the sweet baby boy that made me fall in love with being a mom was approaching a day when his Mom wasn't needed (ok, I know I am still needed).

Who let this baby grow up to be a Kindergartner?

Of course, my love for school kicked in and I was reminded how excited I was for him.  He will learn so much and will grow leaps and bounds this year.  I looked around the room and saw so many children that will become instant friends for Jackson.  I also saw Jackson's best buddy ( and our next door neighbor), Ryne one table over.  So great that they will have one another.
So, Kindergarten starts in less than 48 hours.  I'll be spending those gathering tissues and picking what bar I will be hitting up after the bus pulls away!  (Ok...I'm joking about the bar!...Sort of!)














No comments: