Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Church or Cheer Practice?

Its no secret. We don't attend church. Sure we've gone on a holiday or two in years past - but not since Jackson has been born.

We recently attended a First Communion ceremony for our niece, Madeline. It wasn't until that day that I realized that Jackson had never been to a church. Hmmmm....

During the ceremony, I could tell Jackson was taking it all in. We have spent many weekends watching my nieces at cheer competitions. All Jackson new about our day at church was that it was a special day for Madeline. He sat there taking it all in and then looked at me and said, "Mom, is this cheer practice?". Hmmm.... I knew we had a problem.

Days later, our neighbors- Kyle and Krista- invited Jackson to attend Vacation Bible School at their church with their son (and Jackson's Best Bud) Ryne. Justin and I signed him right away.

Jackson was super excited and was very chatty about his upcoming week at Bible School the night before it started. Check out our night time conversation:

YouTube Video

A big thanks to Krista for capturing a couple photos of the boys on their first day!






Jackson can't wait to go back tonight!

Hopefully- soon Jackson will understand the difference between church and cheer practice! ;)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: